Richard W. Davis – Attorney in Radford, Va
1931 – 2019
Attorney Richard W. Davis provided extensive experience and set a high standard for our firm as a lawyer who served clients in Southwest Virginia. Some of his memberships and professional achievements included:
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Radford General District Court Judge: 1962-1980.
- Associate Professor: Radford University, Business Law, 1982-1988.
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Author: “Hold ‘Em Poker Bible”, Commonwealth Press, Inc., first printing, 1984, second printing, 1987, third printing, 1995.
- Lecturer: “Trial Tactics”, Virginia Trial Lawyers, 1978.
- State of Virginia Legal Counsel: Virginia Jaycees, 1964.
- Former Member: Carilion Health Systems
- Advisory Board and Retired Board Member: BB&T Bank.
- Retired Member: Virginia State Bar Council, 1989-1995.
- Radford-Montgomery County (President, 1974), Virginia and American Bar Associations
- Virginia State Bar (Member, Disciplinary Committee, 1986-1989): Twenty-Seventh Judicial District.
- Fellow: American College of Trial Lawyers; Virginia Law Foundation (Fellow, Council, 1989-1995); American Bar Foundation.
Richard W. Davis was born in Rocky Mount, Virginia, served in the military as a First Lieutenant in the U.S. Air Force from 1952 through 1957, and attended law school at the University of Richmond, receiving his Juris Doctor.
He was admitted to the Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 1966, U.S. Supreme Court.